Saturday, February 9, 2013

Second pattern workshop

For this session we carried on with drawing and cutting out the main parts of the pattern for our character. I helped by reading the instructions for the basic top this allowed us to create the doublet base and the jerkin. The next process was the pattern for the trousers and sleeves; I helped create the pattern for the trousers. The next stages were to press the fabric, pin the patterns on and to cut the fabric ready for sewing. I really enjoyed working on the patterns because I felt I understood how to map them out, I also look forward to seeing how the costume turns out. I feel we made good progress and we are ready to start putting the costume together we just have to make some adjustments on the different parts.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment