Saturday, February 9, 2013

Lighting session 1

For the first lighting session we started to look at the different types of lights that are available in the theatre and what effects they could have on a subject. We looked at a profile light and by moving it to project light on a subject at different angles what effects it may have on shadows or what highlights it may cause on features. We also climbed scaffolding that reached 4.5 metres and an a frame ladder to adjust a light and get the feel for being at height working on lights. I preferred using the scaffolding I feel i could work better up higher on this equipment, I felt safer on the ladder once I had hooked my led through the rung of the ladder but found I could not reached the light properly once up there so could not focus it where it was needed without the ladder leaning very slightly.

No comments:

Post a Comment