Tuesday, January 6, 2015

Stones!

Les vertus de l'ordre (Gilbert Garcin)
http://www.gilbert-garcin.com/

After thinking about my idea some more and looking into Julie Dodd's work I wanted to have something within my idea that showed the monotony of the work rather than the control of the staff which would have been represented by the keys. I found this piece by Gilbert Garcin and felt that this would be more relevant to my idea linking in with the idea of the menial work they had to do. hn we visited the workhouse the last time i was shown some records of the inmates and what pieces of clothing they would have been given etc. in the records i noticed that the inmates werent referred to by name but they were just numbers. I really like to add this aspect into my piece and thought that the stones would lend themselves to this perfectly.


Thinking about the frames i wanted to make them relevant to the workhouse and be something that they may have had or that would be objects from within the workhouse so i thought that they could possibly be similar to the old chalkboard frames that the children would have used within the school.

No comments:

Post a Comment